Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

History Of AUDI

Audi Logo
"Vorsprung durch Technik"
Audi is a subsidiary fully owned by Volkswagen Group since 1964. The company is headquartered in Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Germany.
The company was founded by August Horch in 1909. Audi Type A 10-powered 22 hp Sport-Phaeton is the first car that Audi Produced in 1910 in Zwickau.
After Being Appointed Minister of Transport In 1920, Horch Ausgust Leaving this company. In August 1928 Month Jorgen Rasmussen, Owner of DKW Company acquired Shares Mostly Audi and buy an American car Company Rickenbaker, including development tools for machine 8 silinder.Mesin is used in Audi Zwickau and Audi Dresden, which was launched a year later.At That Time Audi cars is a luxury car with special Workmanship.
In 1932, Audi, together with Horch, DKW and Wanderer to form Auto Union joined. Before the advent of World War II, Auto Union was the one who makes a ring Audi logo 4 pieces interlocking to each other, which is still used today. In those days, the symbol that is used to signify the merging of four brands.
Audy-Type A-10
After World War II ended, the Mercedes-Benz Buying Auto Union in 1953 but could not make a profit, So in1964 Share The Union captured 50% by Volkswagen.
In 1969, the company name changed to Audi NSU Auto Union AG, after joining the NSU Auto Union. Noted ever launched several types of cars such as Audi 100, Audi 80 and Audi 50.
The company name was changed again in 1985 became just the Audi AG, Because the brand NSU and Auto Union no longer in use.

1 comments:

Reston VA Audi a5 said...

Your short description about the History of Audi is well enough for getting the idea of a Audi car.
Thanks for this post.